ULEZ Scrappage Scheme: How to get up to £9500 for your old van
Transport for London are doubling payments for the city’s ULEZ scrappage scheme.
The scheme initially launched in March 2018. Under previous requirements, van drivers and small business owners in London could scrap their van or minibus in exchange for a grant to put towards either a new Euro 6-compliant or electric-powered vehicle.
Business owners could receive £3,500 for their old pre-Euro 6 vehicle to put towards a new Euro 6 van, or £6,000 to put towards an electric-powered model.
Transport for London will now double these payments to persuade more van users to go green.
This means businesses will receive a whopping £7,000 to put towards any Euro 6-compliant van and £9,500 towards purchasing an electric one.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the ULEZ scrappage scheme, you must either be a microbusiness, small business, sole trader or charity with proof you’re registered in London. Here are the requirements:
- Have 10 or fewer employees
- Have an annual turnover of up to £632,000 OR up to £316,000 balance sheet total in the current and previous financial yeah and…
- Companies House registration as an active company in the UK or VAT registered in the UK
Small businesses must have:
- 50 or fewer employees
- An annual turnover of no more than £10.2million OR a balance sheet total of no more than £5.1million and…
- Companies House registration as an active company in the UK OR be VAT registered in the UK
Sole traders must:
- Be a self-employed person who owns and operates a business as an individual
- Be an entity registered with the Charity Commission as an active charity
Vantastec can help
Vantastec specialises in brand new vehicles, whether that be refrigerated, crew, animal transport or anything in-between.
This means all brand new vehicles meet Euro 6 emissions standards and are exempt from Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) charges.
We are also able to offer electric-powered refrigerated vehicles. Our expert engineers have even found a way to combine electric vehicles with electric-powered fridges to create a 100% electric-powered refrigerated conversion.
Plus, we’ll happily provide you with proof of purchase. This allows you to prove to the appropriate authorities you have purchased either a Euro 6 or electric vehicle.
How to apply
Before you start your application, you’ll need electronic copies of the following:
- Vehicle registration document (V5c)
- Vehicle insurance documents
- MOT certificate
- A completed and signed scrappage scheme application form (you can get one here)
- Evidence you are a sole trader (if applicable)
To read more information on the scheme and complete your application, you can do so on Transport for London’s website here.