ID Requirements For Finance

Posted by: VantastecFridge

ID For Asset Finance

It’s Friday and it’s time for another one of our finance blogs. Today, we’re looking at what forms of ID you need when looking into asset finance. There’s some you’ll know and some you’ll be surprised at! One of the main things to keep in mind with finance is that you are who you say you are, and a company will want some proof for fraud prevention.


Looking To Finance Your Next Van? Click Here To Browse Our Inventory


Proof of ID:

Other than the obvious of a current UK or EU passport or driving license, did you know you can also use the following?

  • Copy of old paper style license

We said a fond farewell to the old paper driving license in 2015, but if you still have yours, we can use it for ID. It’s also still valid if it was issued before the 31/03/2000, so 18 years on, we’re happy to accept it as proof of ID.

  • Current Shotgun License
    Boom! Bet you didn’t think of this one, did you? If you’ve got a license for your firearm, we can accept it as a form of ID.

Proof of Address:

The following can be used as proof of address, but watch out for time frames! We’ve listed them from shortest to longest:

  • Utility Bill or Bank Statement, not older than 3 months
  • HM Revenue and Customs notification, coding or demands,
    less than 6 months old or dated within the current financial year (April to April), showing the given address
  • Current Annual Council Tax bill showing the given address,
    not older than 12 months.


Related Posts:

Leave a Reply